about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Thursday, February 23, 2017

.....why the strange fascination for flaking paint and rust?

I don't understand why I'm drawn to metal, in this instance corrugated tin, when it has peeling and flaking paint but I know I'm not alone in this judging from the most viewed/favourite posts on here. 

I couldn't resist capturing this tin shed which stands outside the Solva Woollen Mill in Pembrokeshire inWest Wales.
In its peaceful rural setting the mill produces beautiful woven floor coverings, blankets and many other related items. I last visited a few summers ago but am looking forward to my return visit this summer. I wonder if this little shed is still standing.....






I find the green paint peeking out from beneath the blue very appealing


No comments: