about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Thursday, January 14, 2016

mystery quilter....

So to a quilting related mystery, this is an image of a painting, a print of which belongs to a friend of mine, she has not got any details about its painter or of whom the quilter is. 






This makes the image even more compelling to me. I find myself wondering about the fabric, the many colours presumably from previously used items, loved items? Did each fragment mean something to the quilter? 

How were the women related, mother and daughter or sisters, maybe friends? Who painted them, someone close to them or commissioned for the job? Where are they from?  Has the painter painted other textile related works? Is the painter a man or a woman?

The colours of the painting are so warm and even seem to show a warmth between its subjects. 
Who, what, where....?

No comments: