about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Sunday, August 14, 2011

some of my 'Thinking of the Forest of Dean' art journal/sketchbook

snap of one of our long ago walks in the Forest of Dean, with one of my children behind the tree, (we still can't recall which one!) this walk was along some of the route I used to take to school as a child myself.
ink sketch of the bluebells


fabric collage onto acrylic wash
this was exploring the view between the trees, how there is often just a peek of what is further down the overgrown path

Twigs from my favourite tree, the Silver Birch. Favourite because as a  child in Canada I had learnt how important this was to the indigenous people of the Canadian mountains, woodlands and lakes. I also love the use of the bark as paper and of how ghostlike the tree is in the twilight. My mystical tree.
Silver Birch Leaves
a bit of paper and paint collage, just for fun!
using arcylics to explore the texture of bark
mixed media

thinking and doodling



my own Bluebell wood





4 comments:

Little Dotty Bird said...

I love your sketch book! the final piece of the bluebells and trees looks amazing! Really inspiring, thankyou x

Anne Rogerson said...

Hi Jane, this is do lovely! :-) it reminds me of all the other wonderful books you have shown me over the years. Lol, Anne x

sunday school materials said...

This is so beautiful; I also like your sketch !!:)

Micki said...

Wow, this is totally cool. I love the whole sketchbook too.