about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Tuesday, March 06, 2012

more buttons

had a lovely visit to the Manchester Antique Textile Fair on Sunday, can hardly wait for next years!
One of my favourite stalls there is the Button Society's stand, this year as well as joining the Society I made a few more purchases for my collection... I know I have so much to learn about the different manufacturing process, materials etc so if anyone can further advise me please do!


glass beads trimmed in gilt, showing the back of one

I thought this bug was sat on a maple leaf but now I realise it is a vine leaf. It seems to be painted glass set in an enamel back with a brass loop for sewing on


glass shells

this is amazing, I was advised that this is made from rennet mixed with milk solids

another glass button, hand painted

a metal cast victorian button
I thought I would add the five pence to show the scale of them all

2 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Hey theres a coincidence, I was just looking around your blog and spotted that you were at the Antiques Textile Fair. I was upstairs with my Doodly Bird stall.
Did you say hello to me, one lady said she had seen my birdies on the web.
Lynn
One I Made Earlier Today

Lynn Holland said...

Hi again, I've only this week been invited to doing a monthly piece for the Button Floozies blog. You can see my first piece on there now. Hope you like it. Let me know what you think.
Best wishes
Lynn
(from down the road in the Rossendale Vallley)
One I Made Earlier Today.

Link for button Floozies is.
www.buttonfloozies.blogspot.com