about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Sunday, May 13, 2012

and more from the sketchbook........Limited Edition 2012

with 'Threads and Surface' as as starting point, this sketchbook developed (almost by itself as they do) into a look at how the same piece of work can appear so differently when surrounded by or sat on another colour. I also wanted some of the pages to be as tactile as they were abstract, using raised threads and piereced pages to provide some varying surfaces. 'Liz' came into when I wanted to make another reference to how we adorn ourselves, whilst wondering whether it then follows that we  become walking works of art ourselves?
more of Liz below...........

reverse of the stitched black page in the previous post

reverse of the stitched block page below

double page of stitches on white, compare them to the black page on the posting below



This double page spread was first printed with an old wooden block and then one side was embroidered and the other pierced. I also wanted to do a colour match between the painted motifs and the embroidered ones

I enjoyed stitching this, one of my favourite pages in the book
I do love a close up

pierced
the back of the pierced page, I quite liked the feel of the raised surface on this one......


the double page spread with Liz Taylor has her own space, rightfully so for such an icon

I gave her a ruby this time as I felt she probably was a bit bored of having so many diamonds

she seemed quite pleased about it

4 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Really lovely work in your sketchbook Gwyneth ... it's a W0W!


ps. let me know if you make any tags for Tag Tuesday and I'll post them to the blog for you

Best wishes, Carolyn
TAG TUESDAY
http://tagtuesday.blogspot.co.uk

Lynn Holland said...

Its looking really good.
Just seen mine in digital at the Sketchbook Project 2012. It looks so life like.
Look forward to seeing some of your pages
Lynn
One I made Earlier Today

creativelenna said...

Hello! I've come to visit via you Carolyn Saxby and was delighted to see your sketchbook project pages here. I was in the project too! Lovely work. I had a different theme, Create and capture, but my friend Frieda in Scotland had the same as yours.If you have not seen them, you might enjoy! View Frieda's here.
nice to meet you!

Nerys Kate Williams said...

It's looking great! I especially like the pages which have been printed on first and then stitched and pierced :)

Nerys