about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Tuesday, December 06, 2011

'how to' crochet basic wristwarmers without a pattern

Do you crochet just a little & know how to create a chain & a double crochet stitch? Want some wristwarmers? Have you got a ball of double knitting wool & a size 4.5 or 5 hook but no pattern?


its very basic, this is just a tube with just double crochet all the way, the change in appearance is when in creating the thumb hole I just turned the work and went backwards and forwards until I again crocheted into the other side to continue the tube. 

after finishing the tube & to define and strengthen the thumbhole I added a couple of rows of double crochet, crocheting directly into the top row around the hole.

               if you need more info just let me know! I'm also on twitter as textilequeenie

2 comments:

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

Yes! Yes! Yes! to all your questions now where's my needle?

Lily's Vintage Dreams said...

I may just have a go at this. I only learnt to crochet in August so it'd be a good exercise for me.