about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Friday, June 01, 2012

cheerio Sketchbook 2012 Limited Edition.............

Here we are then, the end of my Sketchbook 2012 Limited Edition, which is now sat safely in the Brooklyn Library. I just wondered what it must have been like, being there at that Royal Function (described in the newspaper clipping in the first two pages of my 'Thread and Surface' sketchbook) stood quietly in the background, watching Queen Victoria pass by, seeing all the jewles and fabulous fabrics, the fashions and designs of the day, how would that be for first hand research? Just wishing I could have seen it for myself.....

just some doodling 

what to do with a stray eyelash

my interpretation of Queen Vic, sandpapered to ghost her up a little

done


3 comments:

K J D said...

Hi

Thanks for your visit and reminding me I need to finish off my travel journal ;)

I had a great time looking at your sketch book pages... inspiring stuff for sure

See you again soon

Karen

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

such a very beautiful book Gwyneth x

Lynn Holland said...

Well done to you Gwyneth. I've just booked accomodation in London to go and see the tour in October. I will bookmark your sketchbook so that I'm sure to see it in the flesh.
Lynn x