about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Monday, August 08, 2011

a nice cup of tea and a good book, Happy Birthday to Me :)

This is a small section from one of my tea towel designs, digitally printed onto a lovely sturdy English Cotton. The initial art work was created by my first carving out some blocks and printing into my Art Journal, then manipulating with Photshop and finally having it digitally printed. I am sipping from  a nice big hot breakfast cup of tea as I write this. Later I will be starting to put together my Art Quilt which will be called Conversations. All about the connection people have over a cuppa and the related paraphenalia. It's my birthday today and as per tradition later on I will be treating myself to a wonderful book. This years will be; '1,000 Artisan Textiles, Contemporary Fibre Art, Quilts and Wearables' by Sandra Salamony and Gina M Brown........can hardly wait :)

1 comment:

Marigold Jam said...

Many Happy Returns. Hope you have a lovely day and that the book will prove a wonderful present. Love the tea-cloth design.