about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Monday, May 16, 2011

Harris Museum

One of the best things about living in Preston is that my local museum is so textile orientated, in the last few years there have been some amazing exhibitions, especially 'Embellished' and 'Shirley Craven and the Hull Traders', the next one I'm off to see is 'Global Threads' which will exhibit work around 18 volumes of Asian designs from the mid 1800's, that were then brought back to Britain for the cotton mills to work with. I know it was a form of intellectual property theft even at that time but all the same, the books are wonderous things. I gave a few hours up to volunteer last summer before Uni started again and will be doing more of the same hopefully once Uni is finished.


http://www.harrismuseum.org.uk/current-exhibitions/436-global-threads-asian-textiles-a-fashion-today.html

No comments: