about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sketchbook 2012, surface pattern and how I get there, strange but true...

for this study on Englands North West Beaches and after looking through my 'stash', this time my old photos on card, I just collage things together trying to emulate how I feel when looking/touching something, memories, can be anything really and then I enjoy looking at the collage


I have to say my work area can get a tad messy, not always but somehow for any sort of collage work it just seems right. I like to get everything I may use in front of me and in this case it was household emulsion, (you can't beat those tester pots), ink, acrylic paint and an unusual stencil.


I decided that I wanted to create my own abstract interpretation of my collage and so concentrated on the sand, pebbles and sun elements. To represent pebbles I made a small piece of random crochet and then stencilled paint through it.
It looks a little lifeless at this point
After using ink and gold acrylic paint I have achieved the effect I want. I would see some of this design finding its way onto fabric and may even use it in the production of a silk scarf! After a bit of Photoshopping of course.

No comments: