about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Vintage - Tag Tuesday

here we are then another tag for Tag Tuesday although I have to say that I did make this one a while ago but its one of my favourites, (I've even named her Flora) and so wanted her to have an airing!
I don't know about you but I sometimes the feeling of history and age in even the smallest found item can give me a real buzz, unfortunately I find it very hard to get rid of anything with a personlaity, the roof rafters are groaning!.

Flora is only 9cm (3 inches) long and almost 5cm (2 inches) wide. She is made with a found photograph, vintage fabric from an old sample book (not mine) and has a couple of wrens feathers (found in my garden) for embellishment. I wish I could make out what her brooch/corasage is.....


Flora may have been Scottish I felt and so added this scrap of old tartan tothe back but nodded to Wales with a tiny daffodil pendant, another found item, a tad rusty but it adds to its charm some how. The other two pieces are from an old earring and an even older bracelet, both bootsale purchases.

2 comments:

Diana Taylor said...

Hi,
I found you through the Tag Tuesday site and I love your tags and art work - I shall be calling back to visit your website as it progresses.
I really like your use of colour and find your work very interesting - I look forward to seeing more.

Yvonne Moxon said...

Lovely vintage Tag, I too have popped over from Tag Tuesday
Yvonne