about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Monday, June 04, 2012

recyling an old safari/army jacket for my daughter...


Now I'm finished with the Sketchbook Project I needed a new plaything and so have decided to start to recycle/upcycle an old jacket I found in a junk shop. My beautiful daughter Rebecca will be finishing her degree this month & I felt she needed a suitable jacket for the environmental scientist~hippy chick she is, so this is for her, a 'Becky Attenborough Jacket' .

I'm doing this without preplanning as I want it to be as off the wall as possible. I'm picking up/putting together anything thats reminds me of her or of times we have spent together and I wanted it to be free and quick. In a way it will become a walking sketchbook. Watch this space for the coming additions to it!

This is an old piece of fabric from scraps bin at uni, I do not know the original manufacturer but like the wildlife reference so had to include it.  I'm going bonkers with the stitiching, I think my ethos is 'what happens is what happens'.

 I'm going for randomness with the stitching, hand and machine, more of one of my favourite things 'controlled chaos'.



1 comment:

Joe Madl said...

what a piece of fun! this is going to be wonderful and your daughter is going to love it for years to come, i'm sure! at the very least, i know i will enjoy watching it manifest as you dance your needles across its surfaces and find bits and bobs to embellish your vision onto its seams...