about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

The Beetroot Gallery and Cafe

FAB day yesterday, we went to the Beetroot Tree Gallery and Cafe in Draycott in Derbyshire. It is isn't a huge place but so much packed in. I need to do some research for my Business module and it sure delivered. The Beetroot Tree is owned by an Textile Artist, Alysn Midgelow-Marsden and is manned by other Artists and it shows. Everyone is very welcoming and the gallery is very atmospheric.
We enjoyed our beverages in the wonderfully homely Cafe, nice fresh food on offer if your hungry, and a small but interestingly stocked art supplies section. Every nook and cranny has something interesting to look at.
If your interested there are workshops in a variety of textile, glass, jewellery and other courses. I shall be making online purchases from now on too!

Nearby is the Sawley Marina, a fantastic place for repeat patterns and photographs, I never seen so many boats, canal boats and others, inland before.

2 comments:

BusyLizzie said...

Thank you for your blog visit & comment, I will be following yours! lizzie

Gwyneth Depport said...

thank you Lizzie, very much appreciated!