about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

tags for Tag Tuesday....


'Riverbank' for June 26 2012



I know the theme was for Easter Eggs this week but I'd prefer a quiet little peek into a birds nest,
of course from a distance and being very careful not to be intrusive......

the eggs were made from plasticine painted with acrylic, they measure approx 1cm.
The nest was made by crocheting a wire 'frame' directly onto the tag and then weaving threads through it

I wanted to give the impression of branches and the tangled nature of a the hedge
just the usual sized luggage tag


the 'hedge was created with ink and a little hidden stamping, adding to the tangled feel

4 comments:

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

a lovely easter eggs tag Gwyneth ... it will be up on Tag Tuesday today. Have a lovely Sunday xx

Lynn Holland said...

Hello Gwyneth, ive just having a look at your very clever tag, its really well assembled. Well done.
I noticed you are only up the road from me (sort of). I am in Rossendale.
Tomorrow Sunday I am doing a craft fair at the Last Drop Village Bolton.
If you are anywhere near come and have a look at us.
You can see it on my blog.
www.oneimadeearliertoday.blogspot.com
Best wishes
Lynn

Sharne Gregory said...

What a clever idea painting plastacine to stop it squashing. Your nest certainly loks well protected in the tangle of branches.

DesignRice said...

mmm they look like chocolate mini eggs make sure Beany doesn't think so too :P