about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Monday, March 19, 2012

a bit of fun with calico......

I love working with calico and these are some little clutch bags I made a while ago. 

First I dyed raw calico with good old Dylon, some black and some turquoise, in the washing machine.

Second  I created a very basic floral surface pattern which was then heat transfer printed onto the blue dyed calico, using it for both lining and appliqued embellishment along with a few black beads for the flowers centers. These bags measure 28 x 16 cm.
Black bag with appliqued flowers. The fastening cord is strips of claico rolled and machined stitched.


Another particular favourite of mine is contrasting lining.
Floral Turquoise lining of black bag

Blue Bag with crocheted cord and button fastener

black lining in the Blue Bag

original floral drawings for the heat transfer print

some of my sample records showing a little of the  transfer printed cloth laid over the original transfer print


1 comment:

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

You are very talented! I love your work and all did you did to that darling purse!