about me

Powys, Wales, United Kingdom
I am at my happiest when I'm creating something/anything....I'm of Welsh heritage, born in Canada, and have lived a quite curious life so far.....

Sunday, October 30, 2011

the Victorian Arts & Crafts Shop in Poulton-le-Fylde

We shopped in Poulton-le-Fylde this week and as I needed some bits & pieces popped into this great little shop in the Market Hall.  I'm always mesmerised by controlled chaos and couldn't resist embarassing myself by asking to photograph the button & thread displays. The staff were very kind, probably feeling sorry for 'the Everpresent' who was patiently smiling, watching my antics. I also noticed how busy the shop was and of how friendly the interactions between staff and customers were. I'm old enough to remember when this was how most shops were, of how at home you were made to feel and of how great the service and advice was.  Of course I also have my favourite internet shops for supplies and goods but oh it was nice to touch things and look through all the stock. The variety of wool was staggering. So thank you Victorian Arts and Crafts, we really could do with more like you.






2 comments:

fabriquefantastique said...

love those shops, so few and far between these days

Emily-Grace said...

Hi, I've just come across your work in the emroidery magazine and was directed to your blog from your website. I was really surprised to see your recent post as i'm from PLF and that is my local treasure trove!!! I was in there only this morning!!
xxx